Marnie

Monday, November 17, 2008

Sat 21 June 2008 Birthday Pirate Party Gig at Somerset. A great eve all round. I got a random call from this guy who saw me play a gig a couple of years ago in Exeter. He said he’s having a big celebration party & marquee in a field in Somerset and wants me to play. Well I jumped at the chance. I love outdoor gigs. There’s something so different about them. Matt & his partner Shawney sounded really nice too so I knew there would be a great party vibe. But when I got there, they really had it all going on! They had 2 marquees, a proper stage for us, lights, disco for later, swim pool ... an I could keep going on for ages...They had decorated everywhere all pirate, ship wrecky’ like & made such an effort. As we sound checked the generator ran out of fuel so the guys refilled it. I made a note to self to remember at half time to make sure someone checks the genni is full. I thought it’d be a nightmare if it ran out half way through a song.. And oh yea what happened? Yes I forgot to get someone to check it at half time and yes it ran out of juice right in the middle of a song. The P.A. sound just faded away to nothing and Me and Ed just looked at each other and thought oh no what do we do...gotta carry on. so we both sang really loudly and the crowd got a bit nearer and sang along a bit too and thank the lord it didn’t take them long to chuck in some more fuel...I was chuckling inwardly thinking oh no I just don’t believe it!! :) Me and Ed got them all up dancing and it was a wicked night.


I’ve been playing loads more guitar lately and working on some new tunes. Tis’ becoming exciting times again...bout‘ time too! :)
My new boyfriend, Jonny came down to support me :) the darling...mmm...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home