Marnie

Monday, November 17, 2008

Jan - Mar 2008 Busking. Totnes, Exeter, Dartington.
I’ve been out busking with Lady Katie a few times. It has been much fun but very cold. We nearly got blown over in Exeter. It’s a hard knock life working out in the elements! :) I had to force myself to choose a shop for us to play outside of, then go in and ask them if I could give a donation to their charity box in return for using their electric socket for Katie’s little busking P.a. I felt such a donut. They were reluctant but thankfully after a minute of persuading, they said yes. Once we’d finished our busking episode, they asked us if we would come back as they really enjoyed it! That’s what I like to hear!! We had a crowd of boys asking if they could play and sing, It’s not karayucky ya know, I said!! :)
They left and came past again later and chucked us some pennies (I thought) but they were actually 3 little marbles. I have a lovely green souvenir of my first busking with Lady Katie. Aww!! :)

People were busily going about their business and we had a few peop’s stop and listen for a bit before going on their way. I felt miles away deeply engulfed in singing ‘K.T. Tunstall’s Hold on’ and when I looked up at the end, I couldn’t believe there were loads of people all stopped on the street both sides & up the hill listening to us...It was a bit of a shock but great - obviously. They all clapped, I went red and then they sort of thinned out. It was so unexpected because when busking, people don’t generally stop and clap, it’s more of a passing audience so it was strange but good yar!! :) We had a car stop in the road in front of us for a moment. They were ‘boy racers’ in a smashing :) sooped up nova or something. ( ooh how I wish I had one...he,he!) They turned up their stereo full blast, looked over and chuckled and then speedily drove off...It was quite funny really. If I’d a reacted a bit quicker, I could have chucked some pennies in their window....ha,ha !

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home