Marnie

Monday, November 17, 2008


Fri 16th November 2007 CHARITY CONCERT @ EXETER CATHEDRAL FOR CHILDREN IN NEED. We were lucky enough to be asked by 'Kiss This' to take part in the first EVER Rock concert at Exeter Cathedral for this great cause. We started off the evening with a 45 minute set of originals and covers. And wow, Exeter Cathedral has to be the most fantastic place I have ever played in so far. It was an experience I will never ever forget. The sound-man made us sound so brill. I couldn't believe it when I first started singing, the sound echoed around the whole cathedral. It sounded unbelievable. It nearly bought tears to my eyes. To look up and around me and be playing in such a magnificent place. We were really honoured to be part of it. The lighting man brought the cathedral to life with his cleverness, lighting up all the arches etc. It was so beautiful. One of the highlights for me was when we got the whole audience singing back to us in 'play that funky music white boy' With a bit more encouragement they roared back at me and their magnified sound threw itself around the cathedral arches. wow, wow, wow!!! And I had to sing Wuthering Heights and it sounded almost haunting in there too.....Then 'The Dean' blasted his way on stage with 'wild thing' and sang his heart out with an unforgettable performance. You couldn't help but have a big smile on your face the whole way through. He had such an energy about him. Then, lastly, 'Kiss This' ("http://www.lemonrock.com/kissthis" ) came on to perform a great selection of covers. Tanya's vocals were awesome. She has got a fantastic range and the backing, by the guys sounded full and exciting and really good. Tanya has a natural onstage presence. She flows away with the music. Very inspiring to watch. They got everybody up dancing in the isles and down the front. It was really surreal to think that we were in this holy place and pounding out great tunes and everyone dancing. It was such a fun night.
The event raised over £2000 for children in need and I honestly cannot thank everyone enough for all their hard work in making this happen. There is always so much 'behind the scenes' work involved and they made it happen. Thanks guys!! I have wanted to help raise money for children in need for years and just not quite got organised in time to prepare an event. You guys made it possible and I fulfilled one of my dreams. Both myself and Paul are very lucky!!! Thank ya!!





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home