Marnie

Monday, November 17, 2008

Thu 29 Nov 2007 at The Marine Tavern, Dawlish. I played my first gig with new dep’ guitarist, Ed. Paul my number one man, is also committed with the Reoffenders (a fun, lively punk /rock band) and with both bands being so busy, Paul just could not do both full time, (unless we clone him...We're still working on that..:) So I have had to find a replacement dep' to do my gigs with me when Paul is otherwise engaged. One of them being 'Ed', a very talented gentle man who did so very well at the Marine Tav' gig. His playing was really good and he had a mass of real on stage energy. The crowd loved how he'd be away somewhere in his head, right into what he was playing one minute and the next he was jumping up and down, and still playing chords right...how can he do that? I find it hard enough to stand perfectly still while playing guitar, singing and try and get the chords right :) ..mmm...Ed had big boots to fill from Paul and he did so very well. Thanks to all his hard, hard work....There wasn't a massive crowd there but they sure did enjoy it. They sang along and wouldn't let us go home until we'd played at least 4 more encore songs and then wanted us to repeat some of what we'd already played already. Hardcore. I was buzzing and didn't want to stop but with early mornings for work, it just had to be done!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home