Marnie

Wednesday, September 24, 2008








June 2005 I went to GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL Arrived there on Tuesday and left on the following Tuesday morn. I worked with Ben on a Mexican food stall. It was really hard, hot work for 6hours a day, but boy when the shift was over, I made the most of it. It was the year of a heat wave and the massive storm that Friday morning. I never knew there could be so many different types of mud. It was such hard work walking through it all as it dried, going from wet and slushy to slide'y and then sticky and vacum’ous, so every footstep was a battle between the mud claiming the wellies and trying to keep them on my feet. This is dangerous to be attempted after a night of sampling that lovely Glastonbury cider...It was a dodgy long walk back to the tents.
Ben and I played on the ‘Other Stage’ (which is the 2nd biggest stage at Glastonbury fest) It was massive and so amazing to be up there. I felt right at home. The crowd went wild...all two of them.. I do have to now admit that it was on the Monday after most people had left the festival & there were no security guys around, just people clearing up and a few odd passers by. We climbed up on stage with our guitars and played a couple of songs. It was wicked. Thanks to Ethan for taking the pic‘s. Monday was our last night there so we made a bonfire and had a jam. A couple of random people stopped while passing and said hi. I didn’t want to leave on Tuesday, There was such a special vibe there, and I so didn’t want it to be over. I had to almost drag myself away. We drove around the site before we left, it was massive, miles and miles of tents and rubbish. Quite surprising to see all the devastation that week had left behind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home