Marnie

Wednesday, September 24, 2008




From May to Oct 2005 I formed my 1st acoustic duo band with Ben, called Aurora.
We played some support slots for bands to gain confidence & experience.

Jan 2005. I was in Swindon for a meeting and I thought that it was far enough away to go busking on my own and it didn’t matter if I made an idiot of myself because I was so far from home that no-one would know me. After spending literally ages walking around and gaining the courage, I finally found a spot and started singing away. It was the week after that horrendous tsunami and there were people on nearly every corner with buckets raising funds for them, so it wasn’t really a good choice of day and place for me. But hey I was there for 3 hours and earned about £24 pounds and a tube of super glue. It’s strange what people throw into your guitar case. Maybe he was out of change...After 3 hours I was freezing, I went for a coffee to warm up and as I thawed out I felt my thumb throbbing. I had a massive blister on it. I now know why people use plectrums...:)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home